Sunday, March 11, 2012

Softly (He Yelled)


One thing that the professor/professional artist (Harrell Fletcher, I'm cool with outing him) is helping us to see is that it is one thing to be right, another to adapt and live your ideas, and a third to convince others to follow. He touches upon ambiguity, cost/benefit analysis, and endeavoring not to come off as sanctimonious wonks.

I, for one, am glad that he had the courage to bring this up.
(Fairly confident that he’s cautioning the other individuals positioned around the table; I haven’t found my ideals yet, let alone endeavored to pontificate upon them, although wonder: is believing in the felicity of Happy Hour and the salubrious effects of a good smoke an ideal or an enthusiasm? (If it’s an enthusiasm, then I’m good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment