Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hard (Choices)


"Drive!" said London.
 To bastardize Winston Churchill (Rhetorical question: Why are cigar-chomping misanthropists so eminently quotable?) "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer." It is coming to our attention (see "Ego," "Big," "Bigger," and "Playing with Others) that sacrifices may have to be made; inconveniences borne with dignity. This is fine. As long as it is some other person, say, a hypothetical individual, walking the talk.     











 I’ll do my share, within reason. Let us define “reason” (see "Coming to Terms").


I will use mass transit and car-pool. I will notput a bike between my thighs. I will consent to shared showers and turn down the lights, but I do not think it a good idea to carry my own water bottle... because the temptation to fill it with Grey Goose would prove irresistible.

No comments:

Post a Comment